After “meeting” Alaskan singer/songwriter Marian Call on Twitter, I listened to her music and then immediately went hunting for a video performance of her song, “I’ll Still Be a Geek After Nobody Thinks It’s Chic”. This is now Geek Porn Girl’s new, unofficial, theme song! And, the best part of the video is that she’s singing in Heroes Only Comics and Games in Cheyenne, Wy. It was her first appearance in a comics shop, which must have been a hit because she was a performer and participant at this year’s Comic-Con in San Diego – the true Mecca for all things geek.
- Or the sort of language you would use if you were making a point of being NOT reductionist and NOT exclusionary. 1 day ago
- And learning to code-switch is a communication skill. To understand humor, you have to know where it separated from academic language... 1 day ago
- And, I don't think of myself as particularly reductionist. I would argue that we all use some form of code-switching in casual conversation. 1 day ago
- Where does this stop? If every statement didn't have some reduction and exclusion embedded, what I say before noon would take 3 days. 1 day ago
- If I say "what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" I exclude those who don't identify girls, or don't identify as nice. 1 day ago
Print out this poster:
Lyn on Protected: Bridging the G… Lyn on By the Numbers Lyn on Steam tammy b on Steam single lesbian on Butch-throb!